We are searching for a Wound/Ostomy Nurse to join our dedicated and professional team!
Landmark Hospital of Columbia is the premier Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) hospital between St Louis and Kansas City. The hospital has built a solid reputation for providing the very best patient care and excellent customer service. This excellence is due to the tireless efforts of the experienced and competent staff of physicians, nurses, other clinicians and support personnel, who are dedicated to being the best at what they do.
We are a private, small LTAC hospital where we are truly one team working together in a positive environment. With the average length of stay around 25-30 days, we get the privilege of having a more meaningful connection with our patients and actually being able to see them recover.
Summary: Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (wound care, wound/ostomy). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Will work in close cooperation with specialists in a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to) Physicians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Dietary Therapy, Social Work and Dialysis.
- Provides initial and on-going education and support for nursing and support staff to ensure high quality patient care (staff education)
- Consults with physicians, other providers and nursing staff caring for wound/ostomy patients
- Utilizes clinical expertise to identify high-risk patients and develop a plan of care in collaboration with the staff
- Designs and implements an initial and on-going evaluation of the wound care program based on metrics, quality measures and patient outcomes
- Incorporates quality improvement activities to ensure success, compliance and improved patient outcomes
- Serves as an advocate for patients/families in regard to decisions affecting the plan of care
About us: Landmark Hospitals is a privately owned, seven hospital system with locations in Georgia, Missouri, Utah and Florida. Landmark Hospitals are licensed as acute care hospitals and certified as long-term acute care hospitals in order to specialize in providing transitional care for medically complex patients. Each of our hospitals is recognized as the regional Transitional Care Hospital of choice in their respective markets. What makes Landmark Hospitals especially unique is that the company is owned by a surgeon, so the focus on people, quality, safety, and clinical outcomes resonates throughout the company.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.