Ballington Academy is a Public Charter School Educating Students from Transitional Kindergarten to grade six. We offer an innovative science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) Curriculum for all grades using a hands-on project-based learning approach, teaching real-world, 21st century skills. We are seeking caring individuals who have a passion for empowering children and families with the tools to live a better quality of life. For more information about our school, visit: http://www.ballingtonacademy.org/about.html.
Under the direct supervision of the Special Education Master Teacher/Lead Teacher, the RS Teacher will support the instruction program for students with special needs, perform instruction to Special Education students, provide pertinent information and consultant services to staff members and parents, provide on-going student assessments and evaluations, and perform on-going planning with other teachers. This position is in El Centro, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and schedules educational plans (IEPs), prepares all documents prior to IE meetings (psych report, DIS provider reports/goals, GE/Parent progress), and forwarded to MT for approval.
- Evaluates students to identify their needs.
- Coordinates services to students to ensure efficient instructions and an effective, cohesive program
- Teaches students to ensure successful progress towards students' goals and objectives.
- Supports parents with student placement, curriculum, and instructional issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.