True Haul, a Statewide supplier of aggregate, dry bulk cement and fly ash as well as trucking/hauling services located in Florida City, seeks a Sales Representative for the South-East Coast of Florida, from the Florida Keys to Orlando.
This position is responsible for building and servicing a customer base through sales and service to maximize profits. Resolves customer issues relating to materials or trucking to insure customer satisfaction and deliver high-quality products. Projects sales and analyzes trends to manage product inventory.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts from the Florida Keys up to and including Orlando.
Identify new accounts to pursue and acquire.
- Identify and secure direct/project work.
- Build strong and lasting business relationships with prospective and existing customers
- Resolves basic customer product and technical problems
- Forecast sales and communicate with operations to ensure availability of inventory
- Assist in establishing operating budgets
- Identifies the source of competitive supply into the respective territory.
- Understands and communicates the quality of products, services, and resources employed by relevant competitors.
- Continuously monitors competitor activity and communicates any necessary actions.
Market Activity Management
- Proactively tracks and manages construction activity in the territory.
- Follow, track and understand national and local economic trends and developments that impact the local market.
- Understands existing product specifications, identifies and recommends opportunities.
- Identifies relevant issues that may affect product supply.
- Understands current market position and continuously monitors the same
- Represents True Haul on industry-related committees & associations.
- Designs, recommends and implements sales, marketing and promotional programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements programs to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Recommends product or service enhancements to improve satisfaction and sales potential.
- Performs administrative duties such as forecasting, budgeting, and regional /corporate reporting.
- Documents and distributes market information and prepares required reports concisely and timely.
- Responsible for support of collection activities to minimize outstanding receivables.
- College degree preferred but not required.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Good planning and time management skills; demonstrated self-starting behaviors.
- Computer literate; including but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Strong mathematical ability.
- Willingness to devote the time necessary to accomplish True Haul’s goals and objectives.
- Adaptable to change.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain and excellent driving record. Driving record must be acceptable to company insurance requirements; local knowledge of the region.
- Overnight travel required to attend sales meetings, trade conventions and to work with customers directly.
- Minimum three years proven sales or aggregates-related customer service experience required.
- General knowledge of the construction industry
Job Types: Full-time, Commission