Security License # B 1700100
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a PART TIME SECURITY OFFICER at SMG/Jacksonville. This position participates in the day to day functions of securing, directing, and promoting security and safety in the facility and provides direction, safety and security for any event related activity as required. Responsible for the overall management of security services with an overall emphasis to SMG employees and general security issues within each SMG-managed facility: EverBank Field, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, Times Union Center for Performing Arts, Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville and The Ritz Theatre and Museum. Additional duties may be responsible for the development and implementation of operational policies and security-related procedures. This position secures property during the move in/out of trade shows, conventions or events, and performs the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Stand guard during events. Tour post periodically to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
· Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during event or at the facility. If necessary, escort disruptive individual(s) to security office and/or off the premises.
· Monitor security cameras constantly.
· Write incident reports and meet with security supervisor to review procedures.
· Inspect alarms and fire extinguishers/sprinkler systems to determine they are set to operate.
· Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering.
· Tour facility, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure.
· Conduct operations checks on ammonia, boiler, Cimco Ice Machine, chillers, and reservoir.
· Assist with crowd control inside and outside of premises.
· Control unusual circumstances and events during fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
· Respond immediately to emergency situations -- answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
· Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
· Document all shipping and receiving.
· Keep record of all keys, radios and other facility equipment that are signed out.
· See that every client, patron and vendor receives the best service possible.
· Confirm all vehicles entering the buildings and verify the contents of the vehicles as needed during non-event days.
· Ensure that all visitors sign in and out and are provided authorized credentials
· Inspect bags, items brought into buildings by employees
· Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Locks and unlocks facility doors.
· Complete detailed reports on activity during shift and maintains daily log of activities
· Keep SMG managers informed on all incidents/accidents
· Other duties may be assigned