Great Northwest Community Improvement Association, Inc.
Position Description: Security Patrol Officer Reports To: Security Chief Officer
- Current driver’s license, insurable driving record, and maintain good driving record
- Must be of good moral character with no criminal record
- Must be in good health and pass a pre-employment physical examination (drug screen)
- Prior military police or law enforcement experience is preferred; demonstrated proficiency in dealing with the application of laws, rules and regulations is required.
- Must use tact, courtesy, patience, understanding and discretion in dealing with members of the Association and the public.
- Must be able to take and follow direction but also show initiative when appropriate or necessary
- Must be able to work as a team member in harmony with and support of other Association security patrol staff members and other Association staff.
Under the direction and supervision of the Security Chief, the Patrol Officer acts to regulate, safeguard and protect the Association common area facilities and property; assist with the enforcement of the Association’s Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions; acts to assist residents of the Great Northwest to deter crime and encourage practices with promote their safety and well-being; provide courtesy services to residents; and undertake other responsibilities as assigned by the Security Chief and/or Community Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
1. Have a working knowledge of the guidelines, policies and procedures of the Association for security employees and the provisions of the Declaration of Covenant, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs)
2. Regularly patrol and check all Association-owned property and facilities
3. Respond to calls from the Association’s alarm monitoring company indicating intrusion into Association facilities and call for police assistance when an intrusion is taking place
4. Conduct regular checks of facility users for current Association membership cards and exclude users without current cards.
5. Respond to request for assistance from other Association employees
6. Assist in the enforcement of Association facility use rules, policies and procedures
7. Open and close facility access gates and turn exterior facility lighting on and off at schedule times
8. Report to the Security Chief any malfunction of any Association equipment or repairs needed to any Association facility, property or equipment.
9. Cooperate with the San Antonio Police Department in policing the Great Northwest
10. Conduct a regular patrol of the neighborhood streets in the Great Northwest
11. Observe, investigate and report to the Security Chief apparent violations of the CC&Rs
12. Follow-up regarding apparent covenant violations as directed by the Security Chief where appropriate utilizing the resources of other agencies including SAPD, City of San Antonio, code compliance, animal control, etc.
13. Work as requested with Association’s safety standing committee
14. Assist as directed in the sponsorship, promotion and operation of crime prevention programs such as Block Captains, Neighborhood Watch, McGruff, Operation ID, Operation Child ID, etc. and other programs and activities designed to teach or encourage crime prevention
15. Report hazardous or dangerous road conditions, damage or missing street signs and burned-out streetlights to the appropriate municipal office; remove from streets broken glass and other minor obstructions which may endanger street users or otherwise be a safety hazard
16. When requested, assist residents in dealing with law enforcement officers and agencies
17. Assist residents with courtesy services such as home entry when alone; securing locksmith services when lock out of home or vehicle; assisting with the changing of flat tires; in obtaining towing or mechanical services, and the like
18. Undertake such further and other duties and responsibilities and performs such tasks as may be assigned
Rotating shifts Monday - Sunday