This is a client-facing, analytic role that supports and services a portfolio of 15-20 Roper Reports® US Worldwide and Green Gauge subscribers, ensuring client satisfaction and retention. In addition, the Senior Consultant manages and mentors one analyst, who also supports these accounts on a day-to-day basis. The Senior Consultant provides data, insights and implications to clients, through manipulating and analyzing various Roper Reports databases. This position requires awareness of current trends in the marketplace across various categories, and communicating trends to clients as appropriate.
This role includes the following:
· Communicate trends and business insights to clients through presentations, reports and consulting utilizing the various GfK Consumer Trends tools (i.e., Roper Reports® US, Roper Reports® Worldwide and Green Gauge).
· Manage project deadlines and delegate responsibilities as appropriate (utilizing help of analysts, interns, etc.).
· Design and price complex market research projects.
· Present material to appropriate audience – both in-person and via phone/webinar.
· Assist in business development through creation of proposals and accompanying sales staff on meetings with prospects, existing clients, etc.
· Participate in questionnaire development to ensure questions are current and relevant to clients.
· Maintain awareness of current trends in the marketplace across various categories, through secondary sources outside of Roper databases.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
· Minimum of 8 years of experience within the market research industry.
· Proven experience delivering consulting and innovation to clients.
· Ability to articulate different business issues and leverage multiple databases to creatively solve client business challenges.
· Strong quantitative analysis and writing skills required.
· Ability to concisely communicate key insights both written and verbally. Creation of reports and presentations – reporting data insights & implications in an effective and creative manner.
· Ability to run and analyze data within Roper databases and understanding what data means including developing actionable insights for clients leveraging FBC principles.
· Ability to engage with clients through multiple delivery channels -- phone, email, webinars and in-person consultations.
· Ability to engage large and small audiences in a thought-provoking/storytelling manner.
· Ability to foster long-term client relationships, deep understanding of clients’ business (across a diverse set of industries).
· Ability to identify new business opportunities among current and future clients and effectively communicate product value/competitive advantage, assist in writing compelling proposals.
Bachelors degree in marketing, marketing research, business, communications or related field. MBA preferred.