Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
TravelClick offers innovative, cloud-based and data-driven solutions for hotels around the globe to maximize revenue. We have a dynamic and innovative work environment with a high level of growth opportunity. Headquartered in New York, TravelClick operates in 176 countries, with local experts in 39 countries and 14 offices in New York, Atlanta, Barcelona, Bucharest, Chicago, Dallas, Dubai, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Orlando, Ottawa, Paris, Shanghai and Singapore. Our diverse team's backgrounds and expertise allows for a global perspective which drives better results and defines our company culture.
TravelClick enables over 50,000 hoteliers to drive better business decisions and know, acquire, convert and retain guests. The Company’s interconnected suite of solutions includes Business Intelligence, Reservations & Booking Engine, Media, Web & Video and Guest Management.
Our award-winning business solutions provide innovative websites and digital marketing services to thousands of hotels around the world. Our track record of innovation and performance has earned us and our clients over 800 website design awards since 2007 from the Interactive Media Awards, W3 Awards, Webby Awards, Magellan Awards, Davey Awards, Mobile WebAwards, Communicator Awards, Horizon Interactive Awards and the HSMAI Adrian Awards.
- Our TRAVELCLICK Values -
Customer Focus * Excellence * Global * Integrity * Passion * Respect * Teamwork
TravelClick’s Business Intelligence/Data platform is the driving force that enables hoteliers to stay one step ahead of competitors by making smarter, more informed business decisions. Our next-generation analytical tools and unmatched data empowers hotels to better know, acquire, convert and retain guests. TravelClick’s groundbreaking intelligence platform, Hotelligence360®, offers these compelling revenue management solutions: Demand360®, Agency360®, Rate360® and GuestView360®.
The Senior Database Engineer & Analyst will be responsible for the end-to-end design, implementation, and maintenance of operational and reporting database systems that is the foundation of our BI platform. The Senior Engineer will have the business acumen to analyze and understand business processes and BI requirements and translate them to the conceptual, logical and physical data model and ETL processes following ETL and DW best practices. A solid understanding of DW concepts (dimensional modeling, ETL process design, and enterprise data quality) is required along with hands on (DBA level) knowledge of Oracle Database PL/SQL development, tuning, Linux/Unix OS platform, as well as Shell/Perl scripting. Exadata experience would be a plus. The ideal candidate will be versatile across various roles including ETL Development, Data warehouse Design, Business Analysis, PL/SQL Development, Linux Scripting and Oracle DB Administration and Tuning.
· Engage with key business owners to understand data and BI requirements for TravelClick’s portfolio of BI products. Ability to understand business processes, data flows, and dependencies across operational systems to determine proper design for ETL and DW.
· Based on analysis of requirements, construct an effective DW model (star schema) and ETL process (using PLSQL and/or other ETL tools). ETL development should incorporate key ETL design principles including Full/Incremental loads, change data capture, and aggregations. Experience with tuning SQL for Exadata is preferred.
· Familiarity with ETL data quality processes and design. TravelClick has a large number and variety of global data sources. As such, the DB Engineer must be able to analyze heterogeneous data sources, develop validation and data cleansing processes, and ensure ETLs properly handle data granularity, data redundancy, and ensure integrity of the target DW.
· With limited supervision explore current state of Enterprise architecture, sources,
· Design and implementation of data warehouse architecture, physical model and modifications of existing databases (perform data modeling, data architecture, schema management, data object management and other necessary activities)
· Monitor and maintain availability, reliability and overall health and solution delivery of databases
· Design, develop and implement monitoring processes to troubleshoot/resolve any database processes.
· As needed, tune and optimize overall database performance including tuning of database processes, SQL, table/index design, partitioning.
· Administer DBA responsibilities when required.
· Willingness to work other alternative data storage technologies (Hadoop, Druid, BigQuery, etc.)
What we are looking for:
· High School Diploma/GED required
· 7+ years in Oracle PL/SQL including stored procedures, packages, functions and triggers for Datawarehouse and ETL processes
· Experience with full lifecycle ETL and DW design and implementation for multiple heterogeneous data sources
· 5+ years in building large scale ETL or ELT applications.
· Experience with data quality, Oracle DB PLSQL tuning, and object-oriented framework.
· Oracle 10 / 11g subject matter expert (Experience with Oracle EXADATA preferred)
· 5+ years’ experience working in a UNIX, Linux and Windows operating systems
· 3+ years’ experience in UNIX/Linux shell scripting and PERL
· Experience with commercially available/open source ETL tools
· Experience with Data Modeling tolls like ErWin or DeZign
· Experience with operation systems and scripting – (Unix/Linux)
· Experience with troubleshooting, performance optimization
· Experience with alternative data storage a plus (Druid, Hadoop, BigQuery, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Must have a collaborative attitude and ability to take initiative to explore existing current state architecture and business processes.
· Candidate must have the ability to adapt to new products/solutions if needed.
· With limited supervision plan, design, and implement performant ETL scripts per business requirements. Ability to communicate effectively with business owners and derive key requirements and ensure data quality and integrity.
· Candidate must be “self-driven” and able to own a solution from design to delivery with minimal direction from management
· Ability to multi-task and push forward multiple projects simultaneously
· Excellent communication and critical thinking/problem solving skills are essential
· Efficient time management and ability to prioritize tasks are a must
· Work usually performed between 8:30 and 5:30 in business office environment. Minimal (if any) travel is expected
· Ability to assume leadership the situation requires it.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.”