Job Title/Grade: Senior PC Support Specialist I (4)
Reports to: Help Desk Supervisor
Date: April 10, 2019
Function of the Position:
The Office of Management Information Technology (OIMT) is seeking a Senior PC Support Specialist to be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the proper functioning of workstations, printers and all peripherals. Duties include ensuring that each system is configured with the appropriate software according to specific policies and guidelines, has network connectivity, and is fully functional. The individual will work as a member of a team and will utilize a help desk request system. The individual works under supervision of the Help Desk Manager working closely with other members of the OIMT team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior PC Support Specialist resolves assigned requests under the following specific categories:
- Ensuring our fleet of computers, printers and peripherals are working properly. Sets up and maintains desktop applications, Lotus Notes and the latest version of Microsoft Office software
- Provides network support, including maintaining connectivity for users, troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Administers mobile set-up, testing, advanced troubleshooting and issue fixes for overseas travelers, project staff as assigned
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
- Minimum of 1 year of technical experience and Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field (Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and Windows operating systems
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software theory
- Hands on experience with PC and latest Microsoft operating systems and other tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a detailed, flexible self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Must enjoy working in a team environment
- 2 years experience working in a computer support position, in a corporate environment
- Experience installing and configuring Lotus Notes
- A+ Certification
Supervisory Requirements: None
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.