This Senior Technical Support Technician provides front line technical support for all IT related incidents and requests for service. This position requires exceptional internal client service, technical expertise, and ability to perform a broad array of IS responsibilities to help ensure all attorneys and professional staff have the necessary IT support to deliver exemplary legal service to the firm’s external clients.
· Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve computer software and or hardware problems; these include, but are not limited to MS Office, MS Outlook, Internet Access, Remote Connectivity, Printing, Network Connectivity, Security, and Mobile Devices. Advanced senior level troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly diagnose complex technical problems.
· Provide mobile device support to include setup of devices (iOS, Android, etc.) to connect to the firm’s mobile device management system and remote authentication applications.
· Provide or recommend software and or hardware specific solutions for problems and or requests.
· Isolate reoccurring technical issues in order to proactively address customer problems. Escalate issues when required to level III desktop engineering or operations.
· Open, review, resolve and close assigned support tickets according to SLA’s. Track all requests for service and support in the incident tracking software. Update associated knowledgebase with standard resolutions as required.
· Prevent loss of customer functionality with regular maintenance on computers. Review computers on a regular basis to ensure they are on the latest software releases including security patches.
· Maintain office desktop and laptops by following imaging process which includes data backup and configurations for new and existing customers.
· Create, maintain, and update IT equipment in our asset tracking software. Inventory equipment on a regular basis to confirm asset tag information, customer ownership and location.
· Responsible for participating in all on-going training deemed necessary by Tier II Supervisor and Director of Operations.
· Create and maintain in-house team documentation; these include but are not limited to setup checklists, equipment summaries, and documentation for the IS Documentation Library.
· Ensure customer satisfaction by reviewing and performing follow-up communications (written or electronic) on open/closed tickets.
· Provide weekend and after hours on-call support as required by the position.
· Responsible for new hire setups and removal of IT equipment that includes relocation of equipment as required.
· Assist with equipment lease returns according to the firm’s leasing schedule (currently every two years). Prepare equipment for return by wiping drives, obtaining accessories. Monitor lease return schedules and coordinate equipment returns to leasing company.
· Provide assistance as required for Information Services projects and rollouts.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Technical Support Supervisor and Director of IT Operations.
· Provide backup support as necessary for special events related to audiovisual technology and equipment.
Must be specifically listed on resume in order to be considered for this position:
- Minimum two years of college education required.
· Three plus years work experience in an Information Technology environment required.
· Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
· Previous professional services or law firm experience helpful, but not required.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional multi-tasking skills and the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
· Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Certifications in one or more of the following areas: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, A+, HDI, MCITP, MCTS, SCCM.
· Experience with Microsoft office and Windows 10 required.
· Experience working with SCCM and Powershell scripting preferred.
· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
· Ability to lift computer equipment or other bulky items up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to work unsupervised and prioritize work.
· Must be available and willing to work overtime, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays as the Firm determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Clearance of firm standard background checks is required. WE VALUE DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled (EOE=Equal Opportunity Employer)