Location: Western Region of United States
Iconergy is a growing performance contracting and energy engineering firm headquartered in Denver, CO. We are a team of experienced energy engineers, design-build professionals, and problem solvers who came together to enhance the efficiency of the built environment.
We deliver value to our customers by integrating specialized technical knowledge with outstanding and collaborative project development, management and delivery. Our customer focused approach advances their agenda in all phases of design and construction.
Iconergy’s Design-Build team maintains a diverse portfolio of large and small projects that build long term relationships with our customers. We offer turnkey solutions including performance contracting and other design-build services. Our projects include K-12 schools, recreation centers, higher education, municipal, correctional facilities, medical facilities, and private commercial buildings.
Iconergy is seeking high valued team members to add to our Design-Build Team. The successful candidate will work directly with Iconergy’s Project Managers and our team of subcontractors to deliver excellent customer service, high quality work product, and ensure timely and on-budget completion of our projects. Project sites are often on the Western Region but can be anywhere in the United States.
You will initially service a portfolio of projects that are improving the efficiency of building systems that consume water and energy in commercial and sometimes industrial facilities. Example systems may include: replacement of water fixtures, HVAC systems, BAS controls, lighting, insulation, ground source geo-exchange, and renewables such as solar PV. Our project teams develop projects that improve the conditions inside the facilities while reducing operating and maintenance costs and the use of natural resources.
You will serve as the face of Iconergy to our customers and our partners – i.e. the facility staff and our subcontractors. We are looking for someone who will maintain high levels of professional standards and relay information about the project to other members of the Iconergy team and the facility staff.
We will need you at the active job site(s) typically up to four and sometimes five days per week. You will be assigned to one project at time but may, but in some cases, be assigned a second.
Your work will mean something to both to our internal team and to our customers. You will dictate the critical path and lead the project to completion. Your ability to communicate effectively, to make well-informed decisions fairly independently, and to deliver on your commitments will directly affect our collective success. Iconergy is committed to building an engaging and employee-centric work environment that empowers you to deliver the quality of work you are passionate about for the near and long term.
A day in the life of the successful candidate:
You will serve as the day-to-day liaison between the customer, Iconergy staff, and our partners. For example, you will:
- Supervise and motivate our experienced subcontracting team to meet our target schedule, regularly updating the schedule.
- Develop strong relationships with staff at the facility, especially the facility manger and head of maintenance, by managing expectations and providing regular updates.
- Communicate daily with Iconergy staff to review the status of the project, highlight any concerns, and develop approaches to address them
- Prepare and lead periodic update meetings with facility staff, subcontractors, customer corporate staff and remote Iconergy staff
- Ensuring and maintain safety compliance of subcontractors and all on-site personnel
The role requires good organizational and communication skills to effectively interface with a wide range of Iconergy, customer, and partners, sometimes about sensitive issues.
You will also provide service in a quality control role, ensuring that we meet and exceed the customer’s expectations. For example, you will:
- Ensure that the technical work done by the subcontractors meets specifications.
- Deliver project status reports that detail contractor performance, progress toward current schedule, open issues, and action items.
- Update or assist the PM with the schedule as it evolves. (This may be done in Microsoft Excel or, preferably, Microsoft Project.)
- Understand and deliver on safety programs developed by Iconergy and the customer.
- Qualify any potential changes in scope for Iconergy’s Project Manager.
You will work with a team that encourages and supports you to:
- Work independently
- Take pride in the work that you do.
- Create processes to complete tasks even when there is no previously documented process in existence.
- Think critically about different approaches and implement the ones that are most appropriate for the situation.
- Practice and refine your leadership skills on a daily basis.
- Openly discuss concerns and propose solutions to address them.
Working in client facilities often requires a certain sensibility. For example, you will need to:
- Be cognizant of your surroundings and on guard/safe at all times.
- Adhere to strict protocols established by our customers regarding interactions with occupants, management of the construction team’s equipment, etc.
- Be ready to adapt to changing situations and the unique considerations that exist in different parts of the facility.
- Treat everyone that you encounter with dignity while completing your professional responsibilities efficiently.