Software Developer/Data Curation
OAI is seeking a full-time Software Developer and Data Curation specialist that has significant experience with business and data analysis. This position will provide guidance to our client by providing a full range of services and products in support of developing, implementing, and maintaining technology to support the business functions across the data management lifecycle of the program.
Location: Alaska Fisheries Science Center – Juneau, Alaska
- Drive requirement meetings with program staff
- Determine data processing levels needed
- Provide technical leadership in the area of data systems development including data ingestion, data curation, data storage, data processing, user access, data sharing, and security.
- Analyze, standardize, disseminate and curate data.
- Develop, document and implement ETL processes, programs, and solutions.
- Design and build user interfaces, data structures, and processes for program users to populate databases.
- Assist users with data acquisition from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems and integrity.
- Develop innovative approaches, code, and procedures to enhance data input, output, reporting, query, data manipulation, and data sharing capabilities to enable users to improve scientific collaboration.
- Work with development and program staff to ensure the integrity and proper integration for all sources of data.
- Analyze and document existing business processes and software applications
- Analyze and document user needs and requirements; translate user needs and requirements into technical system requirements
- Advise and educate staff on business processes or application improvement options
- Support existing business processes, software applications, and databases
- Assist users with identifying and resolving data related production issues, data modeling, storage, migration, translation, and reporting.
- Coordinate and assist staff with evaluation, testing, and migration of data to newer versions of database management systems and software.
- Conduct a needs assessment analysis for the client.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as business analyst (data analysis and requirements gathering)
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please APPLY THROUGH OCEANASSOC.COM, ADP WEB PORTAL.
When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
- Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
OAI is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. OAI is required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in OAI's online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.