Chamberlain Group is seeking a motivated and creative Manager, Software Development to assist with the continued growth and innovation of our product portfolio. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
The Manager of Software Development will direct a group of developers and technicians in the development and maintenance of Chamberlain’s Internet of Things platform.
- Acts as the Internet software solution lead for Chamberlain’s Internet of Things connectivity platform including the connected solutions technical strategy and project portfolio management.
- ·Maintain a best-in-class, branded and consumer facing connectivity product experience.
- ·Maintain and evolves a system to track and report on project hours across disciplines.
- ·Manage and evolve Agile and DevOps processes.
- ·Manage, evolve and steward the IoT connectivity architecture for each of the MyQ technology platforms.
- ·Owns the development lifecycle, resource planning, project estimation and is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project.
- ·Coordinates the technical activities of multiple functional departments. In some case these departments may not directly report into the Director.
- ·Ensure architectural principals and standards are clearly defined, documented, communicated and maintained across project and product lifecycles (in partnership with other leads)
- ·Manage the code branching strategy and release process, including verification steps for any development code and artifacts through QA and into production
- Responsible for issue and risk management as it relates to impacts on the technical architecture, and their timely resolution to the product teams
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team by attracting, onboarding, recruiting and retaining team members.
- Drive the performance management process by communicating job expectations and evaluating performance, providing feedback and facilitating employee development per the company’s policies.
- Maintain transparent communication by appropriately communicating organization information to team through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, appropriate email, IM and regular interpersonal communications.
- Lead and motivate individuals and teams to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related scientific or technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development and/or engineering.
- Experience working in Agile based project methodology environments, including sprint planning, backlog and scrum based approaches to delivering high quality software products.
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Internet of Things product development experience.
- Experience with C# and the Microsoft development stack.
- Experience with AMQP and MQTT.
- Ability to efficiently communicate to all levels of organization or outside partners.
- Experience implementing large distributed service platforms on Azure or AWS.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.