PeopleTec is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will design, develop, integrate, test and maintain software for a simulation environment which serves as an evaluation and research test bed for the Army S&T community. The primary responsibilities of the candidate will be software development of components within an environment aligned to open systems standards and integration support for third party technology vendors integrating into the distributed simulation environment.
- 7+ years software engineering experience
- Experience developing software in C++, C#
- Experience with the MS Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs
- Experience developing software targeted for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols
- Experience developing software
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting software and hardware within a distributed simulation environment
- Experience creating software requirements, design, interface and test documentation
- Knowledge of software engineering processes
- Travel: 10%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, or Mathematics is required.
- Familiarity with avionics, unmanned and manned rotorcraft systems
- Experience with the agile development processes
- Understanding of UML
- Experience working in a research and development laboratory environment
- Demonstrated self-starter with strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work across geographically diverse groups
- Experience developing software in Python
- Knowledge of unmanned aircraft system communication protocols
- Experience working with simulation visual systems and flight models
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.