Chamberlain Group is seeking a motivated and creative Senior Android Developer to assist with the continued growth and innovation of our product portfolio. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
MyQ is a Chamberlain product that connects Garage Door Openers, Lights, and other devices to a constantly connected cloud in order to provide a user benefit that includes away from home access control, notification, access history, and scheduled device commands.
The Mobile Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining multiple development platforms for the Chamberlain MyQ program. This includes, but is not limited to an iOS App and an Android App. To accomplish this the Mobile Developer will work with other developers in addition to interfacing with other parts of the business such as Engineering, Product Ownership, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Customer Service in order to understand and translate product requirements into technical requirements, verify development matches product owner expectations, as well as maintain a high quality code base.
The Mobile Developer - Lead is expected to come to Chamberlain with an expert understanding of Android Native development using the Android technology stack such as Android Studio, Java, or Kotlin along with an ongoing understanding of software design patterns and principles. The Mobile Developer – Lead should be well accustomed to the software development life cycle and have the ability to move projects to it. The Lead should help set project direction, break down objectives into deliverables, as well as help the mobile team set and enforce software best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Be able to work closely with a tight knit group of developers.
– Work using agile methodologies.
– Collaborate and work creatively with the UX and UI team.
– Be able to manage risks and deliver quality software on schedule.
– Produce high quality, maintainable and scalable software.
– Analyze requirements, collaborate with architect and leads to produce thoughtful software designs.
– Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
– Ensure architectural principals and standards are maintained across your code and project lifecycles
– Participate in technical assessment, scoping and management of changes to the code-based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests
– Collaborates and works closely with other technical leads and domain experts, such as Infrastructure, Database, Middleware, and Mobile App as the team develops features and platform enhancements
– Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions
– Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve the commercial success of the MyQ connectivity solution.
BSC/BS/BA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics.
– Minimum 6-15 years of experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining solutions using either the iOS technology stack, including xcode, Objective-C, Swift, Cocoa Touch, iOS SDK, or the Android technology stack, including Android Studio, Java, or Kotlin.
– Experience in creating technical documentation is preferred
– Experience with Agile or Lean Processes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Deep understanding of UI patterns such as MV* is required.
– Working knowledge of Java and/or Kotlin is desired.
– Ability to recognize issues in existing software and put together improvement plans is required
– Ability to work independently as well as part of a team is required
– Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment is required
– Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
– Good communication skills and the ability to work with and talk to end users are required
– Interaction with and IT management over outside 3rd-party IT and design partners who are providing solutions (software, staff, etc.) to MyQ projects
– Working knowledge of Internet protocols and web server communications, including HTTP, TCP, UDP, Web Sockets, etc.
– Values. Demonstrates in word and action Chamberlain’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to Chamberlain’s mission, in all matters at all times.
– Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.