Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Senior Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers and communities on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of elevating customer satisfaction/turning fans into customers. Social community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Manager will lead a team of Social Media Specialists and administer CGI’s North American social media marketing and advertising for the LiftMaster and Chamberlain brands of access control solutions. Administration includes but is not limited to:
- Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
The role requires close strategic collaboration with the CMO office, multiple lines of businesses, digital marketing team and customer support to create a strong, cohesive brand experience across all touchpoints in the customer journey. As a result, the Senior Manager is responsible for contributing to the development of and adhering to a corporate-wide Social Media Governance model.
- Technical support for resources to ensure superior customer experience across digital properties and forums
- Motivate and lead a high performance team by attracting, onboarding, recruiting and retaining team members.
- Drive the performance management process by communicating job expectations, monitoring and evaluating performance, providing feedback and facilitating employee development per the company’s policies.
- Maintain transparent communication by appropriately communicating organization information to team through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, appropriate email, IM and regular interpersonal communications.
- Lead and motivate individuals and teams to create a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- College degree (BA or BS) required.
- Marketing degree not required with relevant work experience. Previous experience as Digital Marketing Manager, Content Marketing Manager or Customer Experience will be considered
- 10+ years professional experience in Marketing field
- Minimum of 7 years hands on experience in brand reputation management, developing social governance models, creating social strategies and managing social networks
- 3+ years supervisory experience
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. Candidate should provide examples of campaigns and other social engagements along with resume submission.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to translate data driven customer insights into impactful, innovative solutions
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging/influencer ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding of Social Media and other digital platforms and applications and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Effective agency partner management, negotiation, and operational skills with strong results orientation and efficiency mentality
- Experienced managing concurrent social program for multiple brands and end user segments
- Experienced in paid social media activities, including targeting, media buying, testing and insights reporting
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Hands on experience with Salesforce Social Studio and Radian 6, BazaarVoice
- Advanced Google Analytics and other Social metric tracking tools
- Project management experience
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress