Chamberlain Group is seeking an amazing professional who would thrive in a modern, newly constructed, collaborative workspace with top-notch amenities including a fitness center, in house dining services and more! We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist employees succeed.
The Staff Engineer 1, Electrical is responsible for applying advanced electrical engineering knowledge to support NPD, sustaining and productivity designs that have above average complexity. This role will be heavily involved in platform technology development for new product development projects. This role has the technical ability to combine existing and new technology to build product platforms. Additionally, this role will be responsible for maintaining engineering quality by mentoring other engineers, peer reviewing designs and as needed formal design review.
- Research technology and prototype new technology that support the lines of business product portfolio.
- Define and generate documentation for hardware architecture in new product development platforms.
- Mentor other design engineers, interns and apprentices by reviewing work product and giving technical feedback.
- Maintain engineering technical quality by reviewing designs and participating as needed formal design reviews.
- Create SFMEA, DFMEA and 8D using Chamberlain’s quality tools.
- Lead failure analysis and problem solving tactics by using six sigma design practices.
- Analyze and simulate analog and digital electrical circuits by using Multisim.
- Analyze and simulate RF circuits and structures by using Genesys and Momentum.
- Design electrical circuits and PCBs by using Altium Designer.
- Test and troubleshoot electrical circuits by using common test equipment such as power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers and network analyzers.
- Build prototype electrical circuits by using basic soldering skills and basic project management skills.
- Write technical documentation like specifications and test reports to support project deliverables.
- Conduct peer review for product design by acting as the technical reviewer on ECNs.
- Provide work estimates and develop NPD project schedules by utilizing Microsoft project.
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute positively to maintain a workplace culture that is consistent with the Chamberlain mission, vision and values.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Willingness to embrace the Chamberlain values and behaviors
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time; international travel required
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with electrical components, switch mode power supplies, power management circuits, motor control circuits, analog circuits, positioning systems, PCB design, display technology and RF impedance matching.
- Experience with wireless communication standards like WiFi or Bluetooth.
- Experience with product safety standards for Chamberlain products like UL325 and IEC60335.
- Experience with EMC regulatory standards for Chamberlain products like FCC, ETSI and ANZ4268
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to create electro-mechanical products
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to efficiently communicate to all levels of organization or outside partners
- Good presentation skills
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.