POSITION: Suite Runner
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Suite Runner for SMG/Jacksonville. Responsible for assisting the suite attendants in delivery and set-up of food and beverage in the suites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures timeliness of food and beverage delivery to suites
- Rotates inventory practicing FIFO
- Maintains rules and regulations of Health and Sanitation Laws, as well as safe transfer/storage procedures
- Maintains an organized and clean Suite Pantry.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must be results driven
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must have basic math skills
- Ability to communicate and execute instructions via radio.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Previous food runner/banquet experience preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Up to 10 minutes at a time.
- Constant reaching, standing, bending, walking and stooping
- Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at: www.jaxevents.com
External link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000439406606#/
Internal link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/nghome.guid?c=1152751&d=InternalCareerSite&r=5000439406606#/
300 A. Philip Randolph Blvd
Jacksonville FL 32202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.