Supv Nursing RN
Farmington Hills and Dearborn
Part time and contingent only
Plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the
patient care on assigned shift (when the Program Directors or Nursing Unit
Manager are not present), ensuring that quality patient care is provided. Responsible for patient care management,
human resource utilization, and the operational management of the nursing
units. Provides clinical and
administrative direction to the nursing staff on their assigned shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Performs limited charge nurse duties.
2. Conducts rounds on a regular basis to evaluate
nursing care, assess staff performance, and provide teaching, feedback and
3. Provides leadership and direction in
accordance with the organizational and departmental goals and objectives as
well as State and federal regulations.
4. Instructs, exhibits and supervises clinical nursing
skills in accordance with nursing policies and procedures.
5. Conducts staff education on assigned shift and
obtains materials for resident care on assigned shift.
6. Responsible for monitoring documentation on new
admissions and Incident and Accident reports regarding residents and staff
policy compliance with facility policy.
7. Interprets and enforces departmental and
human resources policies to employees on shift as required: and provides input
for and giving performance appraisals and initiating disciplinary actions to
employees as necessary.
8. Ensures that available staff based on resident
census is appropriately assigned to the respective nursing units and determines
that adequate staff is available for the on-coming shift. Authorizes overtime
9. Informs and keeps the Nursing Manager(s) apprised of
changes of situations which develop on the unit during their individual shift.
10. Identifies and assists in resolving resident and
resident family emergency situations and determines whether the situation
warrants the calling in of the Director of Nursing of Administrator.
11. Exemplifies high standards of customer service skills
and behaviors toward internal and external customers, co-workers, and
12. Ensures customer service and performance standards are
established and maintained in his/her area of responsibility.