Souder, Miller & Associates (SMA)- Voted one of the Top Work Places in New Mexico for the last five years. SMA is an employee owned company, providing a team of employees dedicated to the betterment of our clients, our communities, and most of all our employees. With more than 200 Staff, 13 offices, and over 30 years of service, SMA has provided technical expertise for a wide range of consulting services, including civil, environmental services and surveying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity is the corporate and personal philosophy of the Company, its managers and owners. It is the policy of SMA to afford equal employment to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, gender identity, spousal affiliation or veteran status, and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations. The Company is fully committed to this concept and all personnel are expected to actively participate in the implementation of these policies.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform random drug screens. Driving records are also monitored monthly.
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Souder Miller & Associates is seeking a Survey Project Manager I in our Grand Junction, CO office. The desired candidate will be responsible for preparation and proposals for Survey Projects in the Grand Junction and surrounding areas.
- Preparation of proposals and fee estimates for execution of small and large boundary surveys, stake out of subdivisions, conduct ALTA/ACSM Land Title survey, stake right-of-way and easements, and conducting topographic surveys.
- Experience in conducting small and large boundary surveys, stake out of subdivisions, ALTA/ACSM Land Title survey, stake right-of-way and easements, topographic surveys, and design data collection for engineering design projects.
- Management and scheduling of multiple survey crews and survey CADD technicians in tasks relating to the above mentioned project types.
- Oversight of surveys conducted by those under his/her supervision and professional review of all work for the purpose of sealing/signing of survey deliverable's.
- Basic proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D civil/survey software.
- Proficiency in Trimble GPS/RTK survey systems, Trimble Robotic Total Stations and Trimble Business Center (TBC) software.
- Budget tracking of projects w/ PFA or coordinator in the SMA Project Management software (Ajera).
- Ability to establish working relationship with engineering professionals for the purpose of executing projects in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to work and communicate with Clients to resolve issues and solve problems.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Promote and adhere to the SMA Safety Plan.
- This position requires registration as a Professional Land Survey in Colorado. License in AZ, NM, UT, and TX a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the surveying industry as a Registered Professional Surveyor.
- Bachelor Degree in Surveying or related field a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance. Possess an understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and geometry.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Must have the ability to operate a computer and computer software related to surveying and data collection, instrument and computer proficiency.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Program
- Jury Duty Pay
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Professional Development