PeopleTec is currently seeking a Technical Writer/Proposal Coordinator to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Our fast-paced Business Development Team is looking for a Technical Writer/Proposal Coordinator with experience in the development of compliant and compelling federal proposals. The successful applicant will be a proactive "go-getter" and must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Coordinate with corporate leadership on proposal development and processes, documentation development and improvement, and miscellaneous assignments as required
- Support the improvement of processes for opportunity identification, qualification, capture, and win rates
- Create proposal inputs and edit writing of others for grammar, readability, and effectiveness
- Manage the continual monitoring of federal opportunity websites (such as GovWin and FBO) for current and future efforts
- Collect, analyze, and report quarterly BD metrics
- Update and maintain the proposal repository (i.e., manage historical proposals along with supporting documentation, such as Past Performance citations, appraisal reports, certification praises, customer accolades, etc.)
- Support capture managers in coordination assignments and document preparation
- Research and understand Statements of Work (SOWs)/Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and other proposal requests from US Government customers and prime contractors/teammates
- Communicate and coordinate with teammates for proposal and contractual documentation
- Prepare and manage data calls and follow-ups
- Coordinate efforts across several projects simultaneously
- Organize, track, and communicate proposal requirements to the Proposal Team
- Create writing templates and other proposal tools, such as document outlines and compliance matrices
- Track action items to completion throughout the proposal process
- Perform desktop publishing in compliance with solicitation requirements and company standards
- Manage proposal production (including printing, binding, packaging, and shipping) to ensure that proposal development is on track and on time
- Attend meetings as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience using SharePoint in proposal development/maintenance and BD knowledge management
- Understanding of the Federal Government Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Exceptional internal and external customer service orientation with ability to interface with proposal stakeholders to meet proposal deadlines
- Familiarity and experience with Deltek GovWin IQ
- Proficient planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Experience coordinating and liaising among several parties on a single project
- Meticulous attention to detail and proactive approach to task management
- Ability to manage numerous deadlines and task prioritization with conflicting priorities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Flexibility to work efficiently and effectively under tight deadlines in a team environment
- Ability to independently execute assigned tasks with little or no supervision
- Strong process improvement orientation
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel), experience with Office 365 a plus
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret level DoD Clearance
A completed bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field with 10+ years of experience is required. 8+ years of proposal development working within the DoD is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with or training in Shipley proposal development methods
- Secret Clearance (or the ability to obtain one)
- APMP certification would be viewed favorably
- Experience in multiple roles within the proposal development process
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.