Intertek, a building products testing facility in West Palm Beach is looking to fill a Technician position. In this position you will conduct tests and inspections of windows, doors, curtainwall, and storefronts to industry standards in addition to developing and coordinating projects.
You will be responsible for reading, understanding, and interpreting standards and test methods for conducting industry test methods on glazing products to evaluate the performance and safety characteristics of building products and compliance to applicable standards You will be interacting with the Lab Foreman, clients, and various internal departments and staff to determine a scope of work and develop projects to completion. In addition, you will generate and implement ideas and solutions to ensure reliability, improve quality, reduce cost, and comply with safety requirements and company policies. Ideal candidates should have proficient computer skills in addition to excellent written & verbal communication skills. Previous construction or installation experience not required but an eagerness to learn and strong work ethic are required.
· Testing and evaluating fenestration products, both in the laboratory and occasionally onsite.
· Reviewing performance testing procedures and reports prepared by others
· Researching and implementing new test methods and procedures
· Learn test standards and test procedures (AAMA. ASTM, Miami Dade County)
· Take full responsibility for projects as assigned including but not limited to the following:
o Communicate with clients on test preparation, procedures, results, and reporting matters.
o Analyze test results and prepare and submit accurate and concise reports on all projects assigned.
o Invoice for all projects.
· On the job training provided