Chamberlain Group is seeking a motivated and creative Director, Test Automation to assist with the continued growth and innovation of our product portfolio. We're an organization who values its human capital and provides support to assist its employees succeed.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Director, Test Automation will lead the organization responsible for IoT software test automation from concept to production deployment. The Director will staff, train, and provide technical guidance to test automation developers embedded in scrum teams aligned to Lines of Businesses. The Director also will be responsible for physical product test automation during the development cycle. This will include software, firmware, connectivity, and mechanical testing.
- Lead an organization of engineers and developers providing software and physical product test automation.
- Staff agile teams with test automation developers who will be developing tests at the same time as software features are being developed.
- Support the engineering laboratory with automated fixtures for physical product testing.
- Establish working relationships with business members, technical staff, and subject matter experts to help create and execute the test automation roadmap and strategy.
- Correspond with IT and engineering executives and stake holders to create and execute the test automation strategy.
- Support deployment of Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Consistently provide high quality work in a deadline driven environment.
- Facilitate and manage discussions with IT Executives and Senior Engineers.
- Collaborate with security team on architecture design and tools.
- Stay current on overall IT strategy, business goals, technology trends, updates, and releases.
- Protect Chamberlain’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in the software development and test automation field.
- 5+ years of management experience in the software and test automation field.
- Working knowledge of software development and proficiency in a language such as: C, C++, C#, Java, or Python.
- Experience with test automation platforms.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Cloud platform experience.
- Enjoys working in the technology field and has a good general understanding of how technology works in various areas.
- Good communication skills and highly self-motivated.
- Capable of multitasking and prioritization in a fast-paced environment, effectively and efficiently.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Master’s degree
- Experience testing physical product.
- Experience with SoapUI, Selenium, Appium.
- Experience with LabView.
Chamberlain Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry; marital, disabled or veteran status. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.