Atmospheric Technology Services Company (ATSC), an AQ Tribal company, is an excellent place to work. We offer a professional environment that is challenging, rewarding, creative, and respectful of ideas and individuals. ATSC strives to provide exceptional value to our clients, and fair reward to the service team through competitive compensation and benefits.
ATSC is currently looking for a Part-Time, Experienced Weather Forecaster/Observer at the NAS Meridian Weather Office
Role and Responsibilities Include
- Performs Meteorological Weather Watch, taking, evaluating, recording, encoding, and disseminating surface weather observations Operates the Pilot to Metro Service
- Monitors radar and satellite imagery
- Issues weather warnings, watches, and advisories Receives and disseminates PIREPs
- Provides DD-175-1, canned route, and over-the-counter briefings Writes Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Prior observation certification with the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Aviation Administration, or National Weather Service, including two years’ experience in observing, taking, recording, and disseminating surface weather observations using Meteorological Aviation Routine Weather Report (METAR) code
- Prior forecaster certification with the Department of Defense (DoD) or National Weather Service, including two years’ experience in aviation forecasting.
- Must have completed a DoD formal training program for weather observing AND forecasting or equivalent National Weather Service program. Must provide proof of completion.
AQ TRIBAL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation.
Hourly pay begins at $27.58 forecaster / $22.51 observer. The selected candidate shall be paid at the Weather Observer rate during the qualification/certification process and when standing Observer Only shifts. An additional amount is earned for health and welfare benefits. Night differential is compounded to base pay. Duties may include occasional overtime. The schedule will be determined by the Site Manager.
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Experience operating the Automated Service Operating System (ASOS)
- Experience using the Navy's Flight Weather Briefer program
- Persons currently holding an active CAC ID or having a recent security clearance