The Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Town Family of Companies is a diverse group of companies established to drive economic growth and financial opportunity to the tribe and its members. The AQ Tribal Family regularly has new opportunities available throughout the United States.
Atmospheric Technology Services Company (ATSC), an AQ Tribal company located on the OU Research Campus, is an excellent place to work. We offer a professional environment that is challenging, rewarding, creative, and respectful of ideas and individuals. ATSC strives to provide exceptional value to our clients, and fair reward to the service team through competitive compensation and benefits.
Role and Responsibilities
- Performs Meteorological Weather Watch, taking, evaluating, recording, encoding, and disseminating surface weather observations Operates the Pilot to Metro Service
- Monitors radar and satellite imagery
- Issues and disseminates weather warnings, watches, and advisories Receives and disseminates PIREPs
- Provides Flight Weather Briefings (DD-175-1), canned route, and over-the-counter briefings Writes and disseminates Terminal Aerodrome Forecasts.
- Operations may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Candidates may also be rotated at San Nicholas Island where a one week stay may be required. Berthing and transportation will be provided at no cost to the employee. Standby pay is paid while on the island for all hours outside of normal working hours.
- Experience operating the Automated Service Operating System (ASOS)
- Experience using the Navy's Flight Weather Briefer program
- Persons currently holding an active CAC ID or having a recent security clearance
- Prior forecaster certification with the Department of Defense (DoD) or National Weather Service, including two years’ experience in aviation forecasting
- Must have completed a DoD formal training program for weather observing AND forecasting or equivalent National Weather Service program. Must provide proof of completion.
- Must have visual acuity correctable to 20/20 with glasses or contacts throughout the life of the contract.
Alabama Quassarte Tribal Town Companies is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, and/or sexual Additional
Hourly pay begins at $32.67 Weather Forecaster / $29.49 Weather Observer. The selected candidate shall be paid at the Weather Observer rate during the qualification/certification process and when standing Observer Only shifts. An additional amount is earned for health and welfare benefits. Night differential is compounded to base pay. Duties may include occasional overtime. The schedule will be determined by the Site Manager.