Ocean Associates, Inc. (OAI) is seeking 2 Program Analysts to provide web content management and analytics expertise for the General Services Administration (GSA) Technology Transformation Services Data.gov and Feedback Analytics programs in the Washington DC area. The Program Analysts will support GSA’s objective of providing a responsive web presence to make accessible the U.S. Government’s open data so that governmental agencies and the public can conduct research, build applications, visualize data, and make well-informed decisions. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with a strong web content, web analytics, and social media background to contribute to GSA’s mission to empower the public, governmental agencies, and industry by making Government information open, accessible, and actionable for decision making and creative solutions.
The Program Analysts will provide, communications, outreach and interaction with the public for the Data.gov and Feedback Analytics Programs. The Program Analysts are expected to provide support and recommendations for opportunities for outreach, increased engagement, and updated content for the programs, which will be reviewed and approved by the Data.gov and Feedback Analytics Program Product Owners.
Expected position start date: TBD
This assignment has a Base Period of 6 Months, plus five 6 Month Option Periods
- Data.gov Program Analyst
- 3 days per week on site at the Government’s site in Washington, DC
- 2 days per week at an alternate telework location
- Feedback Analytics Program Analyst
- 5 days per week at an alternate telework location, with an estimated 3 days per month at the Government’s site in Washington, DC
Required Knowledge and Experience
Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience in web site management and analytics. Demonstrated ability to work independently based on the strategic plan or under general direction.
- WordPress or a comparable content management system.
- Developing web content such as blog posts.
- Handling customer or public inquiries received through email, web forms, or a “help desk” function.
- Managing social media accounts.
- Developing marketing materials such as information sheets, presentations, and briefing slides.
- Performing outreach functions such as introductions, partnerships, meetings (workshops and brainstorming sessions), conferences and external events.
- Familiarity with the open data movement including the Federal Open Data Policy.
- Prior experience supporting federal agencies in outreach and interagency collaboration.
- Using Google Analytics.
- Using GitHub for reporting and managing website issues.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you MUST APPLY THROUGH OUR WEBSITE ONLY. Go to OCEANASSOC.COM, click on Now Hiring, find the position you wish to apply for, click the 'For More Information' link for that position, follow instructions on the page to apply. (no emails)
When applying for this position you will be asked to upload your resume at the end of this online application.
- Include your name in the document file name.
- Sending your resume in readable (not scanned) PDF or Word format is preferred.
Applicants should submit a resume that includes the following:
- Work history for past 10 years or since last full-time education.
- Previous experience or training with similar requirements.
- Three professional references.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire, and successfully complete a federal government background check. Ocean Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
OAI is a government contractor and is required by law to invite applicants to self-identify their race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status. OAI is required to use the information it collects as part of its future affirmative action efforts in hiring. The information is collected anonymously by computer and is not connected to your application. You will see a place to check certain boxes in OAI's online application. Even though the information is anonymous, self-identification is voluntary. You can always check the box that says you decline to self-identify.
Note: If you are not selected, your materials may be retained for present or future opportunities. We may use your resume in bidding on a project and if we are awarded the work we will contact you before seeking further applicants. If you do not wish us to retain or use your resume to seek work for you, please let us know in the "Notes" section on the second page of the online application.