The Department of University Information Technology Serv is accepting applications for Wireless Network Specialist through 7/2319.
Summary of Job Duties:
The Wireless Network Specialist is the lead engineer for the university Wi-Fi networks and wireless environment. The core function of this position will be to ensure the resiliency, stability, and availability of the Wi-Fi networks to all campus stakeholders. Other responsibilities include Wi-Fi RF design, wireless controller support, oversight of Wi-Fi deployments in facilities, as well as support for end-user devices that use the Wi-Fi services. The Wireless Solutions Specialist will work with other engineers on the team to design high-performing functional networks in support of Wi-Fi services and functions.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
· Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution of higher education
· At least two years of formal IT related job experience supporting Wi-Fi in a BYOD environment
· Equivalent years of relevant IT related experience
· Six years or more in an IT position related to data-networking or Wi-Fi
- Master’s degree in an IT related field
- At least five years of IT experience in a formal role, including some in the field of data networking
- Demonstrable experience with Wi-Fi RF design and planning
- Demonstrable experience with Wi-Fi radio frequencies and 802.11 protocols
- Demonstrable experience supporting Wi-Fi infrastructure using centralized controllers in a highly available configuration
- Certification(s) from a leading network technology vendor in a wireless networking focus area, such as CCNA-Wireless or similar level
- Certification(s) from a leading network technology vendor that displays proficiency in route/switch data-networking technology; JNCIS, CCNA, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience with a wireless authentication service and protocols, such as Radius or similar
- IT related work experience in a large enterprise of 1000+ employees
- IT related work experience in higher education
For a complete position announcement and information regarding how to apply, visit: http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/35113
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.